Saturday 29 June 2013

re covering my sewing chair







Re-covering my little sewing chair


This is my old sewing chair! It wasn’t too comfy so I decided to re-vamp it and brighten up my sewing room.









1.   I found a cushion pad in approximately the same size as the chair seat. This is placed on top.


2.   I draped a piece of Coates fabric over the seat and used a staple gun to secure the fabric to the chair frame, keeping the fabric taut and even. I then trimmed the excess fabric away.


3.   Over the back of the chair I made a sleeve, a bit like a pillowcase, and slipped it over the chair back, stapling at the base.

4.    I took a long piece of contrasting fabric to the height of the seat, hemmed it around the bottom and pleated the all around the chair to make a pelmet, stapling and pleating as I went.


5.   The final touch was to hot glue ribbon around the seat to cover my staples, adding a couple of bows on the corners, and a matching cushion cover for the seat!


1 comment: